I don’t know if you are anything like me, but I tend to wear my shoes in cycles (no I haven’t gone mad). As you may be aware I have more shoes than the average person (although not as many as I used to have after THE BIG CLEAR OUT – more on that later) some, that I maybe wear once a year (special occasions) others I get out a couple of times a month, and around seven pairs which are part of my rotation cycle.
At the moment with the weather over here in the UK being more than fab (we’ve got sunshine and everything!) my special seven consist of the following:
2. Black fronted, peep toe cork wedges (uber comfy, not too high so good for work, got these from New Look)
4. Black flip flops with charms on the front (these have a slight wedge on them and are from Juicy Couture)
5. Bronze sling back platforms (perfect for impromptu drinks out, from Christian Louboutin)
6. Leopard print shiny peep toes (comfy, good for walk and fab for dressing up jeans, these I got from River Island)
7. Casual pumps for a quick when flats are needed (this Aztec inspired pair are from Keds)
I find I wear these seven favourites for around two weeks, interchanging them (and throwing a pair of wellingtons in for tromping to see the horses) before I get bored and find a new seven pairs that tickle my fancy. To me it seems like the only way I can keep stock of shoes, limiting myself to seven pairs in two weeks means I can actually leave the house on time (I used to try to pick a pair to wear as I was leaving the house – this often resulted in tears and/or a shoe box explosion).
Now about THE BIG CLEAR out – it was traumatic, there were tantrums and I will not be doing it again, but more on that next week, right now I need to go and decide which seven pairs to take on holiday (not an easy feat by anyone’s imagination).