They say trendsetting runs in the blood of Italians—this is why Italy is the home of fashion innovations since the Renaissance period. Famous designer brands such as Salvatore Ferragamo, Fendi, Roberto Cavalli, Gucci, Brioni, Diesel, Emilio Pucci, and Dolce & Gabbana hail from this European country. Fashion enthusiasts flock to Italy’s fashion capital every time the Milan Fashion Week is in full swing. Hollywood was also penetrated by talented Italians; big names such as Al Pacino, Robert De Niro and Nicolas Cage are of Italian descent. It’s safe to assume that Italians are influential and gifted individuals.
Because of their uncanny ability to piece together exceptional ensembles, we look up to Italian celebrities for their fashion sense. For this reason, we check out the trends from Vogue Italia before heading out to buy clothes and shoes at Marks and Spencer.
If you don’t have time to look into magazines, here’s a style guide of clothes-and-shoes pairs inspired by trendsetters of Italian descent in Hollywood courtesy of Style Bistro’s lookbooks:
· Selena Gomez – Cushnie et Ochs cut-out dress colored forest green with thigh high slits paired with nude pumps, worn at the Teen Choice Awards 2013
· Ariana Grande – tight and sparkly black beaded frock matched with black platform shoes, worn at the 2013 Billboard Music Awards
· Rachel Bilson – white lacy knee-length dress with baby pink blazer outerwear complemented with strapped taupe suede platform pumps, worn for a guest appearance on the Regis & Kelly show
· Sophia Bush – long-sleeved backless number in earth tones paired with pointed Christian Louboutin pumps in black patent leather, worn at last year’s CBS fall premiere party
· Kaley Cuoco – baby pink cocktail dress with deep neckline and lace overlay, matched with Giuseppe Zanotti golden peep-toed pumps, worn during the 2013 People’s Choice Awards
· Lea Michele – orange tank top over black bandage skirt and structured black blazer, with a pair of embellished dark sandals, worn when she attended the FEED USA + Target launch event