The world’s highest-paid supermodel and Brazilian beauty is a new face for H&M! The new Spring Awakening range features vintage-style prints, retro flares and draped jerseys all in pastel hues. Both Gisele and the Collection look magnificent, so hurry up to your nearest H&M store a grab a piece of your own.
Waistcoat – 109 aed
Top – 109 aed
In an interview below she tells us what her day looks like, how it feels to be a mother – and provides her best styling advice.
The girl from Horizontina has appeared on countless Vogue covers and worked with every major fashion photographer worthy of the name. The blonde Brazilian, who was once told her nose was too big to make it as a model, topped the earnings list last year as the world’s highest-paid model. But Gisele has more on her mind than being the queen of the catwalk.
She has raised her voice in the battles against AIDS and breast cancer and in support of various humanitarian causes. In the Amazon Basin, a freshly planted forest is named after her: Gisele Bündchen Sementes project.
She is an electric personality, bursting with energy for good causes – and for her new life as the mother of one-year-old Benjamin.
You have said giving birth to your son was the greatest experience of your life. Tell us about it.
– My labour took eight hours, but when it was over I couldn’t believe it. It felt like half an hour. I was present yet felt like I was out of my body. I have never felt so empowered – I could conquer the world.
Has becoming a mother been sheer bliss or has it been tough sometimes, too?
– Of course I’ve felt insecure. I didn’t sleep the first month – I kept thinking, “Is my child breathing?” I have my mother helping me, though. It’s challenging becoming a mother, but I love it. It’s so rewarding.
Do you still have time to take care of yourself?
– During the first months I gave up all focus on myself. My son is a year old now, though, so I’m trying to find a balance. My child is always connected with me. The better I feel, the better mother I’m going to be.
What is an ordinary day in your life like?
– I wake up at around 5.30 in the morning. I feed my son, we play for an hour in his room, and then I make breakfast. He takes a nap at 9.00 and I go out and exercise. Then I come home and I play with him a little more. We eat lunch and at 1.00 I start work – I have an office at home. At five my help stops working and we go out for a walk in the park. We have dinner when my husband
You have devoted years to charitable work. What cause is closest to your heart?
– For the past seven years, it has been the environment. We do a lot of work through SOS Mata Atlantica and In Brazil, such as planting trees. I have a lot of passion. I want to work more to empower women; they are going to change the world.
What advice do you have for girls who want to become models?
– You have to discover your own special gift. Everyone has a gift – you just have to find it. Even if you don’t make it as a model, don’t let it break your spirit. You might be a fantastic reporter or dancer. I wanted to be a singer, but I can’t sing. I don’t cry over that, though. I became a model instead.
What’s your favourite memory from your career as a supermodel?
– Oh my god, there are so many. I remember one fun job. We were in a recording studio, and we didn’t know they were recording us when we were singing. Then they took a picture when I was listening to myself sing…it wasn’t cute, let me tell you!
What is your best styling advice?
– Wear what is comfortable. If you don’t feel good in a fashion, you shouldn’t wear it.
– Rest. When you haven’t slept, you don’t feel good. That’s my number one beauty tip. And be kind to yourself.
What are your main plans in life right now?
– To stay involved as a person and to grow spiritually. That’s what I’m going to do as long as I live. I believe we’re all connected to something higher than ourselves, and I always say my prayers – to God or whatever it is, the energy of the universe.
Not sure what to wear? Download the latest updates for your iPhone or iPad apps and let H&M new social media wall inspire you!